Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Pause That Refreshes, Little Compton, 18x18, oil


Today 2 friends came to visit & paint, Paula Villanova and Jody Regan (both have links on my Daily Painting Blog).  We drove down the Main Road and spotted these cows & calves taking a dip in their little pond.  What fun it was to try and nail a composition while they were leaving and coming back, getting back into the water, leaving, etc.!  I remembered Peggi Kroll Roberts saying "Be a Designer!"  And Ken Auster saying "Be Inspired by Nature, but Not Held Hostage By It!".    We had a picnic lunch, but it was HOT HOT HOT in the sun.... and on the way home we had Dell's frozen Lemonade - perfect end to a perfect day!

3 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

You are a DESIGNER!
This rocks!
Love it.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You are so great, Mary! You'll like this one in person, I think. It shows much, much better.

Karen M Schmidt said...

Wow, Kelley ... what a great composition "on the fly"! I love the arrangement of cows, and I'm very impressed by your water.

I've been away from visiting my favorite blogs all summer it seems. I enjoyed getting caught up with you. I must say you're getting really GOOD!

Oh, and thank you so much for the lovely comments ... it's tougher than I thought it would be to get back in the painting routine after my "hiatus", but I'm determined!