Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tools of the Sandcastle Trade 11x14 Oil

This is the painting that I ruined my camera for!  Gale force winds and I needed to get 'lower' to paint and not have my easel fly away - lost my balance getting onto the sand and when I leaned over to right myself my camera dug into the soft beige sand.  Many trips to the wonderful folks at Mid State Camera (how long a drive can it be to get to 'mid state' in Rhode Island?) and I'm now 'sand free'.  I hope.   I liked the looseness and playfulness of this painting, and the Happy colors.  Reminded me of days at the beach with my kids.

2 comments:

ArtGirl said...

Ahh more summer paintings! My girls are chomping at the bit to get to the beach...ANyway thanks for the advice on shows. Obviously I do want to start small. I wouldn't even be trying if i hadn't prodded non stop by a friend who is an artist. I need moreconfidence I guess! I will look into your suggestions. I actually just got a listing on the Ipswich Cultural Council website, and in the process they asked to come to meetings and help with shows, etc. It's a start!
And full time job doing this is just what I would love! It would let me stay home if we have another little one...:-) Thanks!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like the color in this one. Oh, the camera saga. :(