Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thunderheads From the South, 20x24


I wanted to keep this loose, but was intrigued by the flat reflection of the curved shape in the water.  This was going to be submitted to the South Shore Art Center's juried show last week, but it's a Windsor Newton canvas, and it wouldn't fit into the standard frame.  This time, I was not AT the framers (where I could pay $25 extra for them to shave some of the inner frame off) so I tried to hammer it in to the frame.  Let me save you the $$ - that does not work.  I completely shattered a nice $60 frame.  Now I have no frame and had to put something else in to the show.  I'm hopeful, but not really - I get into this show about 1 in 4 times.  

2 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to enter this one this year...I know how frustrating that can be. This is a beautiful painting.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

oh Kelley, forgive me for laughing at the scene of you hammering the thing into the to small frame. I'll remember not to do that ;)