Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More Cape Paintings

This is the first painting of the trip. We were sitting in a cemetary in Dennis, I believe, looking down a slope, across a marsh, to this little house which was catching late day sun. I've painted in this location before (even lost a favorite earring here), and there's really only one view worth painting (IMHO), and this is it. It was a good way to jump-start the painting trip.


SOLD
This is a 12x12 oil... the last morning on the Cape...the epitome of late Summer by the sea. I loved the collection of buoys hanging on the shed and the heavy headed sunflowers.... I want to halt time right here in early September because everything is just so perfect and beautiful. I call this one "Oh, Buoys!"


2 comments:

DZ said...

The Bouys and sunflowers is a beauty! Can't wait to see it in person.
DZ

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I LOVE this!