Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ptown Perfection, Oil, 9x12

This one won an Honorable Mention award at the Art League Assoc. Member's Show!
OK, so now I'll shut up about never being able to win an award :) This was a plein air piece done on location in Provincetown, MA. It was a wonderful day, and the guys who owned the house were so wonderful and gracious, and it is my intention to send them a print of this in thanks. The show is at Gallery 297 on Hope St. in Bristol, RI for the month of April.

6 comments:

Leslie Anne Pease said...

CONGRATS!!! You must be so proud!

The piece is wonderfully done! I would definitely send a print with mention of your award!

Debbie Miller said...

This looks/feels just like the Outer Cape, you really captured the light. I really like this.

Melanie said...

This painting is delightful - and makes me want a beach house to hang it in.

Congrats!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Congratulations. The Art League?
This is a beauty.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Let me say first, that this is the Art League of Rhode Island ASSOCIATE Member's show. I was rejected by the actual 'artists' last year. Haven't got the courage up to try again yet!

And thanks, Leslie, Debbie and Melanie and Mary!

Leslie Sealey said...

Congratulations! I can see why this won an award; the lighting, colors, etc. are just perfect!