Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Tranquility, 30x40

I've been using Blogger for ... what, almost 3 years now? And I still forget that the order in which you upload your photos is the OPPOSITE of the way they show up! OK, the Big Picture is at the bottom, with the details coming first - sorry about that!

This is another tranquil (hence the name) sunset from my front porch. A west facing view. If I ever show these together (and that's kind of why I'm keeping to the 30x30 and 30x40 gallery wrapped canvases...) I mentioned that I'd call them "From Where I Sit..." because each of these big skies is one seen from my front porch. And, yes, I'm grateful. So very grateful.



The sun and its' reflections

Texture in the water


a bit of cloud






The whole enchilada.





9 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Kelley, these are wonderful. You have a way with skies and sunset colors.
I predict BIG sales at TS Show :D

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thanks, Mar- these will NOT be there! I'm holding them out to submit to SSAC! I'll do more, smaller ones, though. And schedule NEXT year's TS with just these in mind!

Lorrie Drennan said...

These are just wonderful....there is something so true about the colors. Sometimes sunset paintings are borderline obnoxious. These show the bright beauty and still translate softness and tranquility (hence the name, huh?)

Unknown said...

Kelley, this is stunning. I bet it is amazing on a wall in any room. Good luck with your open studio! I can't wait to hear how that goes. : ) To lock up the pug, or not to lock up the pug, that is the eternal question... ; )
xxxooo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thanks, Lorrie - you're right - it's work just to keep the saccarine OUT of the painting, so thank you!
Nancy - LOL! You're right, Paco makes CAMEO appearances on Open Studio day! (Not everyone LIKES getting their legs licked!) :)

Karen M Schmidt said...

Kelley, this is breathtaking! The name is very appropriate, it evokes such a peaceful feeling. And thanks for showing the close-up details. I love all these in your "From where I sit" series ... I'm so envious of your view!

I bet you could fill a whole gallery with paintings just done on your front porch!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Kelley, I love these! I also want to move to your house and sit on your front porch! What a beautiful view to see every day!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Thanks, Karen & Nancy - I joke with Tim that I'd like to turn the house into an Artist's Retreat! How fun would that be?

Dean Grey said...

Kelley!

I just love the color scheme in this one!

The greenish waters are oh-so-lovely!

The circle-shaped clouds immediately around the sun creates a very lively effect, almost like radiating sunlight! Neat!

Oh, and I forget the order blogger pictures load too from time-to-time!

-Dean