Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

WIP, Hull View 18x24 Acrylic

Did a little more work on it (see above) and thought I'd post the progress....

Friday Paula Villanova (check out her cool blog) and I visited the beautiful home of our friend Janet who lives in Hull, MA (right near Oceanside 17 Gallery, which you should DEFINITELY check out).  We painted from the small juliet balcony which had a panoramic view of the Bay in Hull.  She served a wonderful lunch (so why does painting make you so hungry?) So much to choose from to paint!  I chose this view down the hill looking out towards World's End in Hingham, a Land Trust Preseve which is open to the public with wonderful walking trails and views from Hull to Boston.  Painted there last Fall.  
Anyway, it was hot as blazes, and I had to leave before it was finished, but this is what I got so far.  I will work on the distance, and shore up the shadow areas, but I like the view!  Thanks, Janet!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Very solid and I love that view point. Finish it up.